Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'll just hang out here, by the food.

Ah, the Superbowl. I can't say I exactly look forward to it-- football is so not my thing-- but I have enjoyed it in past years when there was a party to attend. My favorite parties are the ones where there's a girl or two who, like me, isn't in it for the game. I'm looking for friends who are in it for the food.

We're going to Carla and Claude's for the game (yes, we have other friends. It's just that C and C are so charming and fun-- and they're our neighbors now-- so we spend a lot of time together). I'm making dips.

I will be bringing, thanks to my secret and unknowing bff Ree Drummond, pico de gallo, guacamole, and mexican layer dip.

I'm thinking I'll be the only one there who doesn't care so much about the actual game, but that's okay. Carla and I may end up doing yoga in between feedings-- we tried kickboxing on Saturday and ouch. I'm seeing some sore hip flexors in my future.

Pico de gallo and guacamole:
I need them for the layer dip. Here it is:
We're all going for the Saints for these reasons (I think): Carla is from Louisiana, Claude is married to Carla, Edwin thinks they're exciting, and I don't like to rock the boat at sporting events. So geaux Saints!

And geaux chips and dips!
And geaux salsa pig with guac in it!
I hope you like it. I made it.

1 comment: