Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Barbeque Chicken Pizza

I have been thinking about barbeque chicken pizza for weeks, even before I learned to make my own pizza dough. Yesterday, Pioneer Woman made a post about bbq chicken pizza, and I knew I had to make it. I mostly followed her recipe, with one special ingredient: smoked gouda!

I used a PW dough, which I spread with a thin layer of olive oil. I topped that with barbeque sauce. We use Sweet Baby Ray's in our house, which I sometimes call Big Al's and Emmel calls the dollar kind. It's delicious. Then, on top of that, I put sliced mozzarella, sliced red onions, barbeque chicken, and smoked gouda. I baked, then topped with cilantro.

Wow. Oh wow. This is the best pizza I have ever made. The only change I'd make is to shred the gouda instead of slice it. Gouda doesn't melt that well and I think you'd get a more even spread of it if it were shredded.


I hope you like it. I made it.

1 comment:

  1. mmm ... smoked Gouda! You should also try her potato and leek pizza. That is a new King family favorite.

    ReplyDelete