Monday, March 29, 2010

more pizza

I know you're tired of reading about pizza, and I promise I make other things to eat, but Friday night's pizza was a winner and I need to talk about it.

Edwin and I sometimes (and by sometimes I mean often) talk about all the restaurants we don't have here in Murphy, and we like to bemoan the fact that Cherokee County is without a Moe's, Starbucks, Shiki Sushi or City Beverage (hello Raleigh/Durham, I miss you). One chain we love is Brixx Wood Fired Pizza.

Edwin and I are both big fans of the Bronx Bomber, and last week I decided I would try to recreate it. I went online, looked at the Brixx menu, and went from there.

Here's what I did:

I spread my yummy crust with Mom's Arrabiata Sauce, since I had it in the fridge. I bought it the last time I was at a Whole Foods. I love Mom's, and was glad to find, upon my google search, that I can get it through Amazon (even though it looks like Amazon only sells certain kinds, not including my Arrabiata).
I did a pretty thin layer, since I'm not a lots-of-red-sauce-on-pizza kinda gal.

I topped that with cooked spicy Italian sausage, prosciutto, gorgonzola, mozzarella, and fresh oregano. In it went to my 500 degree oven for about 17 minutes, and out it popped: a new favorite.

I give you The Gransee Bomber:
This is a MEAT pizza. I am not usually a meat-lover's-pizza kinda gal either, but this combination is special. It's spicy and flavorful and so so good. Since it's not exactly good for you (hello two pork products and two cheeses/wish you were here, vegetables), I recommend serving it with a big salad and going easy on the slices.

While we were eating, Edwin started talking about my bomber jacket, and he insisted I pose for the following photo. So again, I give you The Gransee Bomber:I hope you like it. I made it.

2 comments:

  1. Um, isn't that a shot off your old front porch? It looks suspiciously woody in the background....

    Also, way to go on the minimal sauce you know how I love cooked tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that is the new porch! It's technically our back porch, and yes, it's still woody. You just don't have to drive up a pig trail to get to the house now. Come see for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete