Friday, March 5, 2010

saltlick

I made this Thai Chicken Soup with Cilantro Infused Rice for dinner on Sunday. I saw the recipe on the Tasty Kitchen blog last week and thought it looked scrumptious. It almost was-- if not for the salt!

I should know better than to dump in 2 tablespoons of salt, but I did it because the recipe said to.

Maybe it should say two teaspoons?

It was waaaaaaay too salty, but I just know it would have been divine if I'd used less salt.

I also couldn't really tell that much difference between regular rice and cilantro infused rice. I think I'll make this again, with less salt in the broth and more cilantro in the rice pot.

I hope you like it. I made it.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds right up my alley. I love love love thai flavors, but always feel like I'm unable to make them on my own. Perhaps it's time for me to try.

    ReplyDelete