Saturday, April 24, 2010

bad photos, good pasta

While I'm in Chicago, Edwin will be enjoying an array of leftovers from this week, including Pioneer Woman's Springy Shells. PW mentioned that this dish is fattening and girly, but I made it better on both counts.

You take these green vegetables, plus peas, and cook them. Actually, you don't cook the green onions (PW leaves out what to do with them in the recipe, so I mixed them in after I'd taken the veggies off the heat). Then you layer a ricotta mixture (I used skim ricotta) with pasta (I used whole wheat pasta) and vegetables and bake. I also used less parmesan and cut the butter by half.The whole thing is delish. I mixed my pasta with the ricotta mixture because it would have been hard to spread it evenly. Since I used less parmesan, I thought the final dish needed a bit more salt to pump up the flavor.Edwin loves green vegetables and pasta, and he isn't scared by this girly food (I think Ree thinks it's girly because it doesn't have meat or potatoes) at all. He's used to eating meatless dishes anyway, so no complaints.

Sorry about the wretched photography. I'm not sure what happened.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment