Friday, April 9, 2010

Bracket Food

Every year (okay for the past two years, but I'm making this a tradition), I cook bar food for one night of March Madness. This year I chose last Saturday, the night of the final four games. It was also the night I officially became the winner of my bracket pool, due to some crazy twist of fate and my less than conventional picking behaviors (examples: "Purdue will probably win that one, since chickens are fierce;" "Andy Bernard went to Cornell, I better pick that one;" "Georgetown is fancy. I like fancy" etc).

So Saturday night I made our traditional meal: Grilled Buffalo Chicken Strips with Chunky Blue Cheese Dip*! Thanks, Sara Foster, for teaching me to making delicious food, time and time again.

I cut chicken breasts into strips, covered them with a mixture of butter (sorry, Katrina V., I'm saying hello, butter), hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and spices. Then Edwin grilled them and I basted with more sauce.

While they were cooking, I made the blue cheese dip, which is a magical combination of sour cream, buttermilk and blue cheese. I also cored and sliced a fennel bulb, and sliced up some carrots and celery to round it all out.

And there you have it: bracket food!I hope you like it. I made it.

*Foster, Sara. Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes from Foster's Market. "Grilled Buffalo Chicken Strips with Chunky Blue Cheese Dip." p. 146

No comments:

Post a Comment