Thursday, April 29, 2010

savory bread pudding

Here's another gem from Sara Foster: Savory Breakfast Bread and Sausage Pudding*. We ate it last night, without sausage, and it was delish. I halved the recipe and prepared it Wednesday morning before work. I cut this bread into small cubes (it looks like sausage, actually, in these unfortunate photos) and tossed it with eggs, milk, mustard, thyme, oregano and sauteed spinach and onions.

When I got home from work, all I had to do was preheat the oven and bake for 45 minutes.Served alongside a salad it made a nice light supper. I have made it with the sausage before, and it was tasty that way too. Either way it has the flavorings of a fritatta but the texture of a bread pudding.I hope you like it. I made it.

*Foster, Sara. Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes from Foster's Market. "Savory Breakfast Bread and Sausage Pudding." p. 24

No comments:

Post a Comment