Tuesday, April 13, 2010

spiced mini burgers with couscous salad!

Edwin loves when I announce recipes with detailed titles, and Spiced Mini Burgers with Couscous Salad is one of his favorites. He says it has something to do with the way I say it.

Whatever the reason, this recipe is a winner. I made it last year, and hadn't made it again until last night. What was I thinking??! This meal is fantastic!

You combine these veggies:with couscous, lemon juice, and olive oil.

You plate it with tiny beef patties that have been seasoned with cumin (hello my favorite spice), oregano, salt & pepper and cooked on the stove.

Last night I served mine on a bed of spinach to up the green vegetable count, added a side of couscous salsa (which in this photo looks just like chickpeas, but they are mixed with tahini and lemon juice, I promise), topped with feta and voila! Spiced Mini Burgers with Couscous Salad!

(I'm guessing this spice combination would make great big grilled burgers. You could use it on the patties, then grill them and top with feta. Then you could serve the burger in a pita with tzatziki. I think it would be divine.)

I hope you like it. I made it.

1 comment: