Saturday, May 22, 2010

do you have...?

Every time I hear live music, I ask whoever I'm with, "Do you think they know Africa?" My favorite song in the entire world is Toto's "Africa." We danced to it several times at our wedding. When we go out to eat with Carla and Claude, Claude usually asks, "Do you think they have ice cream and chocolate sauce?" It's the same thing. He loves vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce like I love hearing "Africa."

We're celebrating Claude's birthday tonight-- going to dinner and then back to C and C's for dessert. I made Claude an ice cream pie, and I'll blog about that later. For now, I want to show you part of his birthday gift from the Arnaudins:

Homemade Fudge Sauce
!

It is a quick and easy recipe and the outcome is beautiful. Honestly, how could an outcome be anything but glorious when the recipe only contains chocolate, half and half, sugar and vanilla?
Claude will be getting a lovely jar tonight, and there's some sauce on the pie and some in our fridge, too. It makes a ton and is fantastic.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment