Tuesday, May 18, 2010

monday night dinner

No visit to Raleigh is complete without multiple trips to Whole Foods (hello hot bar and banana peach soy shakes) and at least one stop at the Trader Joe's. I came back late Sunday night bearing dried fruit (dried peaches and pears); trail mix (Wasabi Wow is amazing!); TJ's Harvest Grain Blend (for Edwin's favorite salad tonight), and this tomato and roasted red pepper soup. I love Trader Joe's soup in a carton-- it's obviously not as fresh as it would be if I made it, but it is seriously delish. We had the soup last night with curry chicken salad sandwiches. For the curry chicken salad, I used this recipe for curry chicken salad crisps. Edwin bought a rotisserie chicken from Ingles while I was away, so I just used that leftover chicken instead of boiling my own, and I didn't do the wonton crisps, though they look amazing. We had a ripe mango ready to use, and it was perfect with the chicken, red onion, celery, craisins, almonds and curry dressing. I would probably use a bit more curry powder next time, but this chicken salad is an absolute dream. I'm throwing two showers later this year, and I'm wondering if Char (the bride!) or Carla (the mother to be!) like curry. If they do, I definitely want to make the salad crisps for their events.

All in all, it was a satisfying, flavorful meal, and EDW is thrilled to have me back home.

I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment