Tuesday, May 25, 2010

oh, sweet potatoes

I made chicken with roasted sweet potato salad last night. Apparently, I have made this recipe before, as I found it this weekend (I do my menu planning for the week on Sundays) in my recipe binder. I had ripped the recipe out of February 2009's issue and even made a note about it on February 19. The note clearly displays my handwriting, but neither Edwin nor I remember this.

Oh, delicious roasted sweet potatoes, I can't believe I forgot about you in this recipe.

Basically, you take chicken breasts and cook them in a pan and put them next to a spinach salad with roasted sweet potatoes and red onion, which has been dressed with fresh lime juice. It's not hard, but it really tastes amazing.

I realize my chicken looks less than appealing, but really, it was good. I have a love-hate relationship with chicken breasts, as I tend to overcook them and not really love their flavor (but I enjoy their nutritional value). I think cooking these stovetop works because the flavor and moisture gets sealed in and the outside is slightly crisp.The stars of the show, as they almost always are for me these days, are the roasted sweet potatoes. I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment