Thursday, June 3, 2010

branana bread muffins

I originally found this recipe (banana + bran = branana) in an issue of Taste of Home (our library gets it), but you can't link to their website and recipe without entering subscriber information. I googled branana bread and found the exact recipe on Food Network's site, so here you go: Branana Bread!

I made this once before, but Tuesday night I wanted to try muffins (mostly because I'm a glutton for punishment). I have a history of ruining muffins. I don't think I have ever made a successful muffin-- from a box or from scratch. I overmix or I undermix or I overfill or I underfill. I never get it right. I thought I'd try this recipe, which has worked for me before, in the form of muffins.

Here's what happened:

I mixed very carefully. I folded the walnuts in, painfully slow and steady. I left out the chocolate chips. I spooned the batter in to the muffin cups and the mini loaf pan. I did not spread them so they would be even. I sprinkled the tops with cinnamon sugar. I baked about 25 minutes.And they worked!
The muffins are dense little suckers (hello flax seed, wheat bran, bananas and greek yogurt), but they are wholesome and delicious. Maybe I'll try real muffins sometime soon. Edwin always gets so excited when there are baked goods cooling on the counter when he comes home.I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment