Sunday, June 6, 2010

edamameole!

I made edamame guacamole this weekend. I'm on a bit of a two peas and their pod kick these days, but I really think the recipe titles are lacking. Why call it edamame guacamole when you can call it edamameole! (exclamation point included)?

The recipe says to combine all the ingredients (onion, jalapeño, garlic, edamame, lime juice, cilantro, avocado) in the food processor at once. I pulsed everything but the avocado first, to make more of a paste, and then I added in the avocado and water.I left mine a little chunky, because that's how I like guacamole, and I didn't seed my jalapeño, which gave the dip a delicious kick.

I loved this. It's cool and refreshing and your mouth thinks it's going to be tasting guacamole but then it's surprised with the edamame flavor. EDW prefers regular guacamole, but we both agree this is a fantastic snack.I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment