Wednesday, June 16, 2010

granola!

Mostly I don't understand Google Buzz and what it's trying to accomplish, but every once in a while it leads me to greatness. Case in point: this granola. I'm pretty sure it was my friend Anne who posted the link (whoever it was: thanks, preesh) and I followed, and I daydreamed about granola for two days.

Last night, I made it. I used pecan chips, and less of them (1/2 cup), and a whole teaspoon of cinnamon, because I can. I didn't mix in fruit, either, because when I think granola I think grains. If I were to mix in the fruit, it would become trail mix to me. I love trail mix, but I wanted granola. These are the things I think about.

The ginger is a great addition, as it gives the granola just a hint of something special. I have made other granola recipes before, and I have to say, I love this one. The oat-to-other proportions are just right. I know you can fiddle with any granola recipe, but I'm just not great at predicting what will and won't be good, so I like this one.
Go make some. It'll make your kitchen smell nice.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment