Monday, June 7, 2010

hey, chipotle peppers, I like you.

For dinner on Sunday, I made a Martha Stewart meal: chipotle-marinated pork tenderloin with black bean salsa*. The recipe is also available online, here. I wasn't even sure I'd be able to make it, because some of the ingredients seemed a little fancy for my grocery store. I needed canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce and Mexican oregano. Imagine my surprise when both were available in the international section at Wal-Mart!

I made the marinade (chipotle chiles, garlic, Mexican oregano, lime juice, vinegar) in the blender and then let the pork sit in it all day. I only needed 1 LB of pork tenderloin, but the package I bought was a 2 pounder. I figured it was just a massive tenderloin, so I cut the package down the middle and froze one half. Turns out, it was two normal sized tenderloins in one package, so my meat was in 2 pieces.
I don't have a grill pan (yet!) so I just used my cast iron skillet to sear the pork and then cook in the oven.

The black bean salsa has more chipotle chiles, and it was delicious. I served my black bean salsa over spinach to get some green in, but it probably would have tasted better without it. The spinach just didn't go with the rest of the meal.
It smelled amazing. It tasted amazing.
I hope you like it. I made it.



*Stewart, Martha. The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics. "Chipotle-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Black Bean Salsa." p. 269

No comments:

Post a Comment