Monday, June 14, 2010

the muffin chronicles, part III

I made these oatmeal berry muffins on Sunday morning. I really am trying to get good at muffins, and these sounded great to me.

I was careful about folding and I remembered to add the sugar and applesauce the first time, ensuring a sweeter batter. I spooned the batter into my muffin tins (and mini loaf-- why do muffin recipes make 16 when I only have a 12er tin?) and waited.

They smelled amazing. The aroma of brown sugar and fresh blueberries made my kitchen a warm and tasty place to be, which I loved. They looked pretty good, too, except I can't for the life of me create muffin tops. On my muffins. Not on my body. That part is easy.
I let them cool for a bit, and then Edwin and I tasted.

They were good, but not out of this world good. EDW said they tasted "even," by which he meant there just isn't much to them. I sortof agree, but I like anyway. He still like branana muffins best, followed by Martha's health muffins, then these. I like the health muffins best, and then it's probably a tie between oatmeal berry and branana for me.

I just had one for a morning snack at work, and I must say, I think they're better not hot. The flavors settled a bit more and it definitely tasted like a treat. The almond flavor came out a bit more for me this time, and I really loved it.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment