Sunday, June 27, 2010

the muffin chronicles, part V

It's Sunday, and that means it's muffin day. I made granola blueberry muffins this afternoon, because blueberries are on sale at Ingles (and I love them) and I still have granola in my snack drawer.

I'm happy to report that I have purchased new (smaller) cupcake/muffin liners. See how nicely they fit?
Sometimes I doubt my commitment to my muffin tins. The recipe clearly states that it yields 12 muffins, but there was no way all my batter was fitting into the 12 cups. I had to make a mini loaf (yet again), which by my approximation would make 16 muffins. Is there a difference in muffin and cupcake tins?

I had to leave out the walnuts in this rec, because I was fresh out. I upped the blueberries to a full cup (because I love them).

This was probably the tastiest batter so far (Edwin doesn't usually get a chance to sample the batter, because I lick the bowl clean too quickly), and I had high hopes for perfect muffins.
They came out with flat tops, and by this point, is anyone really surprised? What am I doing wrong?!?!? Please, give me your tips for good muffins. I want to make beautiful muffins. Help me!
EDW and I had part of the loaf this afternoon. The berries sank to the bottom despite the fact that I tossed them thoroughly with flour. The bread was moist, and mostly delicious, but I was really hoping the granola would shine more. There wasn't any crunch from it, and since I didn't use nuts these are just soft muffins. I like them lots, but I'm not blown away.
Maybe they will be like my last blueberry muffins and taste better the next day?
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment