Wednesday, June 23, 2010

salmon tacos

I've done it again: I made up a recipe!

Last night I made salmon tacos. I used homemade taco seasoning to cover each side of the salmon fillet (for not so fancy and more economical meals, I use frozen vacuum packed salmon fillets that have been thawed). I then heated my cast-iron skillet and quickly cooked the salmon, about 2-3 minutes per side. I removed the fish to a plate and used two forks to make it into chunks.
I put the chunked salmon on corn tortillas, and what made the tacos special was my homemade sauce. Here's that recipe. Combine the following:

1/2 cup greek yogurt
juice of 2 limes
1/3 red onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste

The sauce is amazing. We had extra, and I think I'm going to dip vegetables in it for an afternoon snack. It's limey and cilantroey and creamy and fantastic.

I served the tacos with tomato, corn and avocado salad on spinach. Delicious!
I hope you like it. I made it [up].

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are a children's librarian. That seems like a fun job. Glad to know you see kids acting like mine!

    ReplyDelete