Tuesday, June 8, 2010

taco salad

Another Martha Stewart meal last night: Taco Salad*. It's a little different than your usual taco salad (and I have to admit, I may still prefer the one at Moe's with the delicious fried shell).

Instead of ground beef, use ground turkey. I had to amp up the spices, because what Martha called for just wasn't cutting it. I added more of my homemade taco seasoning to the meat, which made it better. Cut up mango is a genius addition-- thanks, Martha, preesh. There's also corn, black beans, red onion, tomatoes, and homemade baked tortilla chips.

My favorite part of the salad is the dressing. It's a combination of plain yogurt, jalapeƱo, cilantro and lime juice. I used greek yogurt, so my dressing was reeeeeally thick. I liked it.

I served the salads like this, and they were beautiful.
Then I mixed mine completely, which made it less beautiful but more delicious.I hope you like it. I made it.

*Stewart, Martha. The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics. "Taco Salad." p. 187

No comments:

Post a Comment