Thursday, July 29, 2010

chickpea and spinach salad

I made chickpea and spinach salad for dinner Tuesday night. I don't actually know who Ellie Krieger is-- all I know is food bloggers mention her sometimes and she is on the Food Network. I really liked looking through her recipes, though. They are healthy and most sound absolutely delicious.

This is a basic chickpea salad with a special yogurt dressing. I used Fage and loved the orange essence! Edwin and I really enjoyed this, but I only got 4 main dish servings out of it (the recipe says it makes 8, but that's gotta be for sides). We finished it for lunch Wednesday, and I'm going to make more soon. It's exactly the kind of thing I like on hot summer days (along with homegrown tomatoes that you didn't grow).
Easy. Cold. Refreshing. Delish.

I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment