Saturday, July 3, 2010

friday night pizza

We had a feast for dinner last night. I made barbeque chicken pizza, but instead of using Ree's pizza crust, which is an old favorite, I tried this whole wheat pizza dough recipe. You make it in the food processor, and I have been wanting to try a dough recipe in my Cuisinart. It's easy and quick, and it doesn't take long for the sucker to rise.After I'd spread out my dough, I topped it with barbecue sauce, barbecue chicken, mozzarella and smoked gouda (which I shredded, since last time I made it I realized Gouda doesn't melt well.) I also put part of a red onion on 2/3 of the pizza. EDW and I looooove onion-- Emmel, not so much. She brought spoils from her dad's CSA with her, and so I used the fresh onion from Mr. Emmel.
We also had a tomato from his CSA that got slightly squished on one side during the trip, so we went ahead and sliced that up with fresh basil, and drizzled salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar over it.I made a spinach salad to go with everything (with yellow grape tomatoes from the CSA!), and Emmel made us Arnold Palmers for grownups: water, simply lemonade, and Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka. Oh, yum.
I loved the pizza crust. It's flavorful and slightly chewy, but not too thick and it crisped nicely on the bottom. The pizza was perfect, and the company was even better. Maybe Emmel will let me be a photojournalist this weekend and take a couple photes of her and Josephine (Empress of my heart, Emmel's basset hound, who hates the noise of the food processor but loves to snuggle).
I hope you like it. I made it.

1 comment: