Saturday, July 17, 2010

light lunch

Mommers and Eddie are visiting us this weekend which, besides a number of things, means we're going to the Sweet Tooth for a treat this afternoon. I made a light lunch today, so we'd all have plenty of room for an avalanche (up today for me: butterfinger avalanche with chocolate ice cream).

I made cool cucumber soup, my personal favorite soup of the summer, and sweet corn salad. I used a green pepper and didn't seed my jalepeño. The corn, tomatoes and jalepeño came from Wanda and Gail's gardens, which made it extra tasty. I added black beans to make it a heartier dish, and we all loved it. The recipe makes a ton, and we gobbled most of this up.
I'm alone on the cold cucumber soup train, it seems. Everyone ate it, but I think I'm the only one who thinks it's magic. I just love it. Regardless, this was a great lunch and I'm ready for my sweet treat.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment