Thursday, July 22, 2010

pasta peperonata

I made pasta peperonata for dinner on Wednesday night, thanks again to Real Simple's August issue. I used whole wheat penne and 2 red peppers and 1 yellow pepper.
Instead of heating my pine nuts in the oven, I toasted them in my skillet before I started the pepper sauce (is it a sauce? condiment?). I let them warm over medium and I shook the skillet every once in a while. After a few minutes, they started to smell amazing and turned golden brown. It was all I could do not to eat the handful then and there.
This is an easy recipe, except for chopping the capers. Is there a method I'm missing? They're so small and it seemed odd to make them smaller, but maybe rocking a knife over them (which is what I did) released some extra capery goodness.
There really isn't much else to say about this except YUM. I loved the saltiness of the olives and capers, and the red peppers have a really rich taste with all that olive oil. I will make this again and again.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment