Tuesday, July 20, 2010

pork chops and peaches (twice)

Real Simple's August issue had this recipe for roasted pork chops and peaches, and I knew I had to try it Sunday night. I used boneless pork loin chops (thanks, Walmart) and fresh peaches. It's an easy recipe and it all smells so good when it comes out of the oven.
I served it all over spinach and didn't do the couscous.
The pork chops are good, but I think the stars of the show are the peaches and onions. Roasting them together makes them special-- roasting most things, it seems, makes them special.

We had the leftovers as a salad on Monday night. I just sliced the pork thinly and put it all on spinach. I splashed a little more white wine vinegar with the leftover juices and created a dressing, and it was tasty. The onions look nasty in the phote, but I promise they were delicious cold.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment