Wednesday, July 28, 2010

pork tenderloin tacos with radish salsa

I made pork tenderloin tacos with radish salsa for dinner Monday night, and wowza! This is officially going into rotation-- it might be my second favorite discovered-and-then-blogged-about recipe so far (the first is absolutely spicy garbanzo bean burritos). It combines many of my favorite things: pork tenderloin, avocado, cilantro and radishes.

I love radishes.

I don't know anyone who has lukewarm feelings about radishes. It seems to me you either love them or hate them.

I really, really love them.

My wal-mart didn't have radishes in a 6 ounce package, which is what Southern Living called for, so I just bought a bunch. It was 16 radishes total, if that helps you in your planning. I'm sure I overdid it on the radishes-- no way is this 6 ounces. But I don't care! They're radishes! They're so crunchy, and they look so pretty all chopped up.
The salsa is really an odd color, but I promise, it's divine.
The pork cooks up quickly, and then you're ready to go. I used multigrain flatbread for my tacos, since that's what I had in my drawer, and I added spinach to the mix.
Um, hello lovely.
This is seriously an amazing recipe. I had the leftovers for lunch on Tuesday, and I just made a cold salad out of it. It was fantastic.
I hope you like it. I made it.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely, one of the most innovative tacos I have seen. The concept of radish salsa is new to me. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that does look good! I made an amazing pork tenderloin last night. I'll have to send you the recipe!

    ReplyDelete