Thursday, August 5, 2010

great green vegetable pasta

Here's another produce recipe from Simply in Season: great green vegetable pasta.* I chose this recipe because it's one pot and you get to use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I used green beans, zucchini, squash, and green onions.

All you do is start the pasta boiling according to the package's directions. I was using Wal-Mart's brand of whole wheat rotini. When there are three minutes left to boil, add the green beans and squash. When there's 1 minute left, add the green onions. Things get crowded, but don't worry.
Drain the pasta, return it to the pot and add butter, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and minced garlic.

And serve!
Easy peasy and delicious. EDW and I really enjoyed this, and we ate it a couple more times for lunch. It reheats well and is so adaptable.

I hope you like it. I made it.

*Lind, Mary Beth and Cathleen Hockman-Wert. Simply in Season. "Great Green Vegetable Pasta." p. 123.

No comments:

Post a Comment