Sunday, August 8, 2010

the muffin chronicles, part XI

I made up another recipe this week! I adapted a Betty Crocker recipe for banana muffins, and here's what I did:

Blueberry Banana Muffins

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Whisk dry ingredients together.

1 egg
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup milk
3 very ripe mashed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl. Add dry ingredients. Don't overmix!

Fold in 1 cup blueberries.

Bake 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven. Remove muffins from pan immediately; let cool on wire rack.

This makes 12 good sized muffins, and EDW and I each had one while they were still warm from the oven. We really like these. The banana flavor is nice and strong, and I love the juicy blueberries.I should have greased the pan or greased the muffin liners, because the muffin definitely stuck to the liner. The sweet potato banana muffin recipe makes you grease the liners as well-- does it have something to do with using banana?
All in all, this is a great way to use up overripe bananas.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment