Sunday, August 15, 2010

the muffin chronicles, part XII

I usually make a cake for Edwin's coworkers on their birthdays. This year, Jacqueline requested no cake at all, but I still wanted to make a treat for her, so I made Sara Foster's banana nut muffins.* Oh, help. These are like cakes.

Sour cream? A stick of butter? Sugar? Yes please! I made these Wednesday night, and there was enough batter for 12 muffins for Jacqueline and a mini-loaf for us. Before I continue, let the record show that this is the best muffin batter I have ever tasted. Ever. Ever ever. I wish Ben and Jerry's would make an ice cream flavor of this banana nut batter.

EDW and I ate the entire mini-loaf for dessert. The muffins looked like perfection. When I do make them again, for a special occasion, I'm going to add chocolate chips. I am going to have to only make these muffins on special occasions, as they are not healthy and I have no willpower when it comes to eating them in moderation.
I hope [Jacqueline] liked it. I made it.

*Foster, Sara. Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes from Foster's Market. "Banana Nut Muffins." p 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment