Monday, August 9, 2010

Spicy Almond Soba Noodles

This was my first experience cooking with soba noodles, and I have to say, they excite me. I really wasn't sure if our Ingles would have them at all, but they did and I bought the little buckwheat pasta. I made spicy almond soba noodles for dinner Sunday.

I didn't make my own almond butter first; I used raw unsalted almond butter from the Ingles. I blended up the spicy sauce: rice vinegar, ginger, almond butter, agave nectar, crushed red pepper and water. The recipe said to use 2-3 tablespoons red pepper, depending on how spicy you wanted the sauce to be. I used a scant 2 tablespoons.
The noodles cook just like any other pasta, and the veggies were sauteed and ready in no time. I had leftover bell peppers from the shower, so I used a combination of orange, yellow, and green peppers. I served the whole thing over spinach for more color (and to balance out the spice of the noodles).

I'm glad I did. This dish was spicy spicy! I loved it and could handle the heat (I'm tough and fancy), but poor EDW had a rough go of it. He didn't tolerate the kick so well, but he wants me to make the dish again with a milder sauce. I'll be happy to, as I loooooooooved this meal. I love the spice and almond flavors, and I really liked it as a salad of sorts.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment