Monday, August 16, 2010

thai noodle salad

I wanted another noodle salad last night, so I decided to make one using this thai peanut sauce recipe. It's really easy to throw together, as long as you have the ingredients (I used lime juice instead of tamarind paste and cayenne pepper instead of chili sauce). Just dump all the ingredients in the food processor and go to town.
Okay this sauce? Amazing. It's salty and flavorful and not too hot. I used about 3/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper when all was said and done, and even gentle EDW with his mild palate loved it.

To make the salad, I boiled some whole wheat spaghetti and let the noodles cool completely. Then I tossed together some purple cabbage, red and green bell peppers, sprouts, green onions, cilantro and spinach. I added the noodles to the vegetables and mixed it all with some of the sauce.
Divine!
EDW and I both had this as leftovers for lunch today, and it's definitely the best Monday lunch I've had in a while.

There's a little more sauce left, and I'm looking forward to dipping veggies in it for a snack.

I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment