Tuesday, September 21, 2010

chickpeas and maters

This is going to be a lame post, with no actual recipe link and poor photos of the food.

I made a Splendid Table newsletter recipe on Friday, but I can't link to it. Email me if you want the recipe. It's really easy and delicious: summer pasta with chickpeas and tomatoes. It's a raw tomato sauce, and I used tomatoes from the Asheville farmer's market. I love how easy it was to throw together: just mix tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, garlic and salt and pepper and let that mixture sit. Then add rinsed canned chickpeas and pasta, top that with feta and serve.
I served mine over spinach because I couldn't be bothered to make an actual salad to go with the meal. EDW and I liked this a lot, and I'm sad tomato season is just about over.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment