Friday, September 3, 2010

cilantro salmon patties

My mom used to make salmon croquettes: she'd form the croquettes and dip them in eggs, then dredge them in crumbled saltine crackers. I loved them, even if they did make the whole house smell fishy. I made cilantro salmon patties Wednesday night for dinner-- no saltines, but definitely a fishy smell.

Forming the patties was a bit challenging for me (I think next time I'll use a smaller amount of breadcrumbs or add another egg for binding), but overall this was a really easy recipe.
Normally I'm a cilantro fiend, but I'm not convinced the herb works in this recipe. EDW liked it a lot, but I'm interested in trying another herb combination. Dill seems like the obvious choice, but we shall see.
These were fast, tasty, and cheap to make. They reheated well for last night's dinner, too.
I hope you like it. I made it.

1 comment: