Wednesday, September 22, 2010

curried and unpretty

I made curried lentils and sweet potatoes last night for dinner, and while it's one of the ugliest things I have ever made, it's one of the most delicious meals I've cooked.

I've had my eye on this recipe for a while, because it includes two of my most favorite foods: lentils and sweet potatoes. I couldn't make it, though, because it calls for garam masala, and we all know I couldn't find garam masala in Cherokee County. But at the local Earthfare in Asheville? Oh yes. Garam masala. Holla.
I used spinach instead of chard, because I already had it in my fridge and I didn't feel like going out again. I served my pile of sloppy heaven with brown rice, and EDW and I gobbled it up.
I was going to put the scallions on for garnish, but I got on a roll cleaning while the lentils cooked and I cleaned my cutting board and knife before I had time to chop, and then I didn't feel like dirtying them up again just for a garnish.

Seriously, this is so so good. I know it looks disgusting, but if you like curried foods and sweet potatoes and lentils, please just have some.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment