Wednesday, September 15, 2010

gransee mcmuffins

One of my favorite lines in Juno is when Paulie Bleaker's mom is trying to get him to come down for dinner, when all Paulie really wants to do is sigh and smell Juno's underpants. Mrs. Bleaker knocks on the door and practically begs him to eat, entreating him with, "But it's breakfast for dinner. Your favorite!"

We had breakfast for dinner last night. I made fancy gransee mcmuffins, and all I can say is wowza.

I used these toppings: green bell pepper, hot pepper, tomato, red onion, and spinach. I toasted whole wheat English muffins and spread them with laughing cow wedges, queso fresco & chipotle flavor.
I piled it all on and added scrambled eggs. I poured some pureed chipotle peppers in adobo sauce on top of mine. (Sidenote: Sara Foster taught me what to do with the rest of the little can once you've opened it for a recipe. Puree the rest in a blender for an immediate salsa and topping! And I did. And I was happy.)
The sandwich was amazing. You could do it as a breakfast burrito, too, and I could probably eat one of these every day and not get tired of it.

I also made baked apples. I just followed the method for breakfast apple granola crisp, halved and without the granola topping. I covered my pyrex with aluminum foil and baked 45 minutes. 45 minutes was too long, if you ask me, but I like my apples to have a little bite to them.
The flavor was spot on, though, and it was nice paired with the smokey spicy savory egg sandwich. EDW and I ate the entire dish of apples, and we both loved everything about this meal. I bet Paulie would come downstairs for it.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment