Thursday, September 23, 2010

the muffin chronicles, part XV

I know it still feels like summer, but I have jumped on the fall food train and I'm loving it. What with the curried lentils from Tuesday and the chili I'm making this weekend, all I need is a spiced latte and a turtleneck and I'll be happy. I made pumpkin muffins yesterday afternoon in honor of fall's arrival.

I made a few changes, based on the muffin's reviews and my own tastes. Instead of using all white flour, I used 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 all purpose. I doubled the cinnamon to 2 teaspoons, and I added 1/2 teaspoon each of ground cloves and ground ginger. I also added 2 dashes of nutmeg to my dry mixture.
I used unsweetened applesauce instead of oil, which made my batter sweeter than it would have been otherwise.
I got 12 muffins and 2 mini loaves from the batter, with plenty leftover to lick from the bowl.
I had a piece of mini loaf with my afternoon tea, and yum. These muffins are moist and soft and pumpkiny and they taste like fall. (And they look like muffins!)
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment