Thursday, September 16, 2010

pretend vegan

Edwin's parents came over for dinner last night. I made Betty Crocker's Italian Chicken-Lentil Soup, which seemed neither Italian nor soupy to me. It was delicious, and easy (hello, Crock-pot, I love you), but tasted like a vegetable chicken stew. What is the difference between soup and stew, anyway?
For dessert, I made vegan peach berry crumbles. Yes, vegan. Yes, delicious. And yes, adorable, because they're baked in ramekins and everyone gets their own crumble. I used fresh peaches and frozen raspberries and blueberries. I loved only using maple syrup as the sweetener-- it seemed so unexpected.
These are fantastic. You won't miss the butter, I promise. I missed vanilla ice cream, but we didn't have any, so we just had ours plain. I'm thinking of having another one for breakfast. It's fruit and grains-- how is that not good for me?
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment