Tuesday, October 19, 2010

black bean and sweet potato chili

Black beans and sweet potatoes, again?

Again!

I love the combo. I was actually planning on giving it a rest this week, but then someone on Facebook mentioned making black bean and sweet potato chili. I don't really talk to her anymore, so I didn't comment on the status and ask for the recipe. Instead I googled and found this gem, which is supposedly (say it supposably to make people love you) from Sara Foster: Black Bean and Sweet Potato Chili.

Since Sara Foster can do no wrong, I figured this would be a winner. And oh, was it ever.

Sauteed peppers (bell and spicy), sweet potatoes, onions, and chili spices. In the recipe, when there was a choice of 2-3 T, I went with the larger amount each time.
Tomatoes and chicken broth.
Black beans, simmered down. Heaven.
Edwin and I loved this chili. I really think it might be my favorite chili ever. It's just so good-- you get the traditional chili flavors from the peppers and spices, but it's such a wonderful twist to have sweet potatoes involved. It's colorful and flavorful and magical.

I am obsessed with this chili, and I can't wait to make it again and again. This is impress-your-friends-food at its finest. Make it.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment