Monday, October 18, 2010

pumpkin breakfast

I go through breakfast phases, when I eat the same thing for breakfast every day for months and months. This summer it was greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a muffin from the muffin chronicles. This fall it's oatmeal. All oatmeal, all the time. I've been going strong with regular oats, made with almond milk, cinnamon and raisins for about 2 months now. This weekend I tried a variation: pumpkin oatmeal!

Here's the fancy recipe:

1/2 cup rolled oats
lots of cinnamon
dash each of nutmeg, ground cloves, allspice, and salt
1 heaping spoon pureed pumpkin
a little less than 1 cup almond milk
dried cranberries

Combine oats and spices. Add pumpkin and milk; stir well to combine. Microwave 2 minutes 45 seconds. Stir in dried cranberries. Enjoy!
I loved this. It was like pumpkin granola in oatmeal form, and super thick with the pumpkin. I made it this way Saturday and Sunday, and this morning I used raisins instead of cranberries. Both ways are delicious.
I definitely recommend making your oats with almond milk instead of water or regular milk. It gives the whole thing a lovely nutty flavor.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment