Monday, October 11, 2010

pumpkin white chocolate chunk cookies!

Edwin and I went to Greenville SC this weekend to spend some time with the Brevard boys (Michael and Kirby) and their wives (Nicole and Meredith). I took a little fall basket to Meredith and Kirby as a hostess present, and I included a batch of pumpkin white chocolate chunk cookies.*

This recipe is a labor of love, since you have to dig out the food processor and grind the butterscotch chips with the flour before you even start on the dough. Let's be honest-- I love anything that involves my cuisinart, and the time the recipe takes didn't really matter in the end (there is chilling involved), because these cookies are delicious.
I left out the walnuts, because I wasn't sure how our friends felt about nuts, but next time I make them they are definitely going in. The batter is sticky, even after chilling it in the fridge for a while, but it is so yummy. How could it not be with butter, oats, butterscotch, white chocolate, pumpkin, white sugar and brown sugar?

Sara Foster makes big cookies, so I did too. I should have spaced mine out a bit more, because they did squish together as they cooked, but they are wonderful even if they're irregularly shaped.
The end result? Heavenly.
I think I will use more pumpkin next time-- the 2/3 cup of Libby's just didn't give the cookies enough of a pumpkin taste for me. I loved loved loved the butterscotch undertones and the chips of white chocolate, and the texture of these cookies was perfect. All in all, these were different fall cookies and so wonderful. Everyone liked them-- even Michael, who doesn't like butterscotch. A success! (as was the weekend with friends)
I hope you like it. I made it.


*Foster, Sara. Fresh Every Day: More Great Recipes from Foster's Market. "Pumpkin White Chocolate Chunk Cookies." p. 271.

1 comment:

  1. This whole weekend I have been itching to make something with pumpkin... I've let too much of October go by without doing so. I'm torn between these lovely cookies and that amazing muffin I had when we were up there. Perhaps I'll do both!

    ReplyDelete