Friday, October 22, 2010

turkey lentil pilaf

I love brown rice. I didn't realize how much I loved brown rice until recently, but wow. I love it. The idea of combining it with my favorite bean (the lentil) was incredibly appealing, so Wednesday night I made Turkey Lentil Pilaf.*

I browned my turkey, then added in onion, garlic, cinnamon, mint, and pepper.
Next came vegetable broth, a chopped tomato, brown rice, and lentils.
Let that simmer together until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is done. Each serving got topped with a mixture of tomatoes, feta, and mint.
EDW and I liked this a lot. Initially, I was unimpressed because it seemed a little bland, but once I mixed in my feta garnish the dish took on new depths. It was filling and very satiating. Served with steamed broccoli, this made a delightful weeknight supper.
I hope you like it. I made it.

*Lind, Mary Beth and Cathleen Hockman-Wert. Simply in Season. "Turkey Lentil Pilaf." p. 307.

No comments:

Post a Comment