Monday, November 15, 2010

black bean soup with sausage

I made Better Homes and Gardens' black bean soup with sausage Saturday night. I found it in my cookbook when I was planning the week's meals, but it's nice that the recipe is available to you online.

I didn't take a lot of photes because the process is really simple. Soak dried black beans, then boil them for an hour or so with chicken broth, celery, onion and spices. Add cooked turkey sausage and you're done.
The soup was good, but it wasn't blow-me-away good. It's hard to follow roasted sweet potato soup, and the texture was similar to turkey barley. EDW prefers not smooth soups, so he liked this a little more than I did. I'd make this again in a pinch, but I don't think it will be something I crave in the future. Also, I don't know who BHG is kidding. There's no way this was 6 servings-- we got 4.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment