Tuesday, November 23, 2010

the opposite of Thanksgiving food

In the days before Thanksgiving, I like to eat anti-Thanksgiving foods to pump myself up even more for the gobbler and fixins. Sunday it was black eyed pea salad with roasted sweet potatoes. Monday it was black bean and brown rice bowls-- and okay, those had sweet potatoes too. ( I know sweet potatoes are coming on Thanksgiving, but they are my favorite)

Tonight it's Sara Foster chili (I need to make cornbread for my dressing and what goes better with cornbread than chili?) and peanut butter cookies. Our friends Nicole and Michael are stopping for the night on their way to Kentucky, and you know how I like to have a baked good to offer guests.

I've had peanut butter cookies on my mind since Sarah Dessen blogged about them last week. I used this BHG recipe, since that's the one Sarah was raving about, but I added a half cup of dark chocolate chips and a half cup of Heath bits to my dough.
I chilled the dough while I went grocery shopping for Thursday, and then I baked the cookies while I prepared our guest room. Clean sheets? Check. Towels out? Check. Delicious cookies? Check check!
I love that the cookies thin and de-puff while they cool. They're slightly chewy and the texture's great, what with the chocolate chips and bits of Heath bar and peanuts (I used crunchy peanut butter). Make these. You'll be glad you did.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment