Tuesday, December 28, 2010

chipotle quinoa

My sister raves about Mark Bittman, so when I saw The Food Matters Cookbook at the library, I scooped it up. After browsing through it, I've decided to purchase. We have a gift card for Barnes & Noble, so Mark Bittman, here I come.

I made Chipotle Quinoa with Corn and Black Beans* for dinner last night. I love quinoa and am always excited to cook with it. (You can make like Emmel and call it "kwaNOna" if you want.) Everything came together quickly and easily. I sauteed onion and garlic, then added a minced chiptole pepper in adobo sauce (seeded for gentle EDW) and dried oregano. To that went the dry quinoa, which was followed by vegetable broth, black beans and corn.
I covered and cooked for 15 minutes and was done.
We had our quinoa over spinach, and we both added salsa to our plates (spicy chipotle for me, obvi). Edwin and I loved this, and I'm looking forward to the leftovers. There will be more Mark Bittman in the new year. He's fun.
Bittman, Mark. The Food Matters Cookbook. "Chipotle Quinoa with Corn and Black Beans." p. 310.

No comments:

Post a Comment