Wednesday, December 1, 2010

curried carrot soup

I love soup. I love curry. I knew I'd love curried carrot soup.* I was so very, very right.

The recipe says you can try it with sweet potatoes or winter squash, and I had 3 white sweet potatoes still from the farmer's market, so I used those and carrots. It couldn't be easier to make-- just saute onion, celery and garlic, then add vegetable broth, curry, carrots (and sweet potatoes). Simmer it all until the carrots are tender, then puree. I'd like to take a moment to appreciate my immersion blender. Without it, I'd never make as many pureed soups.
We had the soup with a dollop of greek yogurt, a green salad, and wasa with laughing cow cheese and cranberries. I had cranberry salsa (fresh cranberries, dried cranberries, red onion, jalapeno, agave, lime juice, cinnamon, and cilantro, all in the food processor) on mine, and EDW had his with regular cranberry sauce (fresh cranberries, maple syrup, orange juice, heated on the stove until thick). It was the perfect meal for a cold and rainy night.
I hope you like it. I made it.

*Lind, Mary Beth and Cathleen Hockman-Wert. Simply in Season. "Curried Carrot Soup." p. 241.

No comments:

Post a Comment