Thursday, December 9, 2010

enchilada bowls

I made enchilada bowls for dinner Monday night, which in the world of fancy means enchilada fillings on rice and spinach. I used this recipe for mushroom and poblano vegetarian enchiladas and went to town.

I sauteed sliced mushrooms, a poblano pepper and firm tofu in vegetable oil until tender-- I also added a green bell pepper to the mix. Then I mixed in cheddar cheese and sour cream, and put it all on top of brown rice and spinach. I garnished with diced cherry tomatoes, green onions, and salsa.
Edwin and I loved this. The filling is creamy and interesting, but I would probably use extra firm tofu next time. I spent an agonizing few moments in front of my tofu selection, thinking I'd prefer extra firm but knowing the recipe called for firm, and I gave in. I should've trusted my intuition, because the tofu was decidedly not firm after I sauteed it, but it still tasted nice. We had enough for lunch the next day, and it reheated well.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment