Sunday, December 19, 2010

honey, rosemary and balsamic pumpkin butter

My mother in law is hosting her office Christmas party on Monday. Everyone is bringing dishes to share, but I offered to send something along in case she wanted a hand. She accepted and I took over honey, rosemary and balsamic pumpkin butter.

I've been eyeing this recipe since someone posted it on google buzz, and I couldn't wait to make it Saturday morning. It couldn't be easier-- just dump all the ingredes in a pot, stir, heat, and cool. I halved the recipe and came out with plenty. I got whole wheat crackers and cream cheese for Mary to put out with the pumpkin butter at her party, but EDW and I sampled it yesterday with wasa and laughing cow cheese. (I also licked the pot clean, because that's how I roll)It is amazing. It's sweet and tangy and pumpkiny and very unexpected, and we love it. I'm kind of sad I halved the recipe now, because I'd really like to keep some. Maybe there will be leftovers when we head to Brevard to spend the Christmas weekend with Mary and Steve?

No comments:

Post a Comment