Saturday, December 4, 2010

hypothetically solve your problems with biscotti

Let's just say that you tried to make a crockpot meal on a Wednesday night and it failed. Maybe you made chicken with tarragon and leeks, only to toss it out and have greek yogurt and honey bunches of oats. Hypothetically, you'd shed some tears about not having anything to show for yourself for a whole day besides a disgusting crock pot meal in the trash.
What should you do the next morning to right your world? You should make gingerbread biscotti.

Biscotti has the unique quality of feeling fancy but relaxed-- it's charming, understated, and special without being difficult to bake. And making biscotti will help you celebrate your culinary prowess after a leek meltdown.

This recipe couldn't be easier or more delicious. I whipped it up Thursday morning before my lunch with the Barronesses (more on that later).

I was nervous about my biscotti not being wide enough, when I'd shaped my two rolls and mushed them down, but everything baked up perfectly.
I dipped half my biscotti in chocolate. All I did was melt some semi sweet morsels in the microwave, dip the biscotti and let set.
I had 4 of these bad boys before noon. Then some with coffee. Then some with EDW that night. Then I sent some along to my in-laws, with love.

Make this biscotti if you're feeling less than confident about your skills in the kitchen. You'll be glad you did, and so will your friends and relatives if you share.
I hope you like it. I made it.

1 comment:

  1. So the Barronesses took some biscotti on our Biltmore outing, and it continued to be fab! It sustained us on Friday as we toured the conservatory! We dipped our Saturday STBX. (The Elder Barroness suggested we take the bag inside STBX to enjoy, although we refrained, as they sell inferior biscotti there.)

    ReplyDelete