Thursday, December 23, 2010

sweet potato frittata

I made a one potato version of two-potato frittata on Monday. Instead of using two sweet potatoes and one yukon gold, I went for three sweet potatoes. If you've been reading this blog for more than a week you'll know I love sweet potatoes-- why include regular potatoes when the orange ones do a much better job?
I used a mixture of eggs and egg whites, and I added crumbled blue cheese instead of semi-soft cheese with garlic and roasted pepper.
And wow. This was easy and quick and amazing. EDW said it's the best of December. The sweet potatoes and blue cheese complement each other so well, and the whole thing is slightly reminiscent of a Spanish tortilla, one of my all time favorite foods.
I will make this again and again, with one kind of potato and blue cheese always.

No comments:

Post a Comment