Tuesday, December 14, 2010

tofu skillet

This is another Betty Crocker recipe from my cookbook, but it's available online as well: vegetables and tofu skillet supper. I had leftover tofu in the fridge from enchilada bowls, and I decided to use it Sunday night.

Betty says I need a 12 inch skillet and a cover that fits it, but none of my lids are that big. I pulled a Tim Gunn and made it work by using another skillet for the cover:
I followed the recipe pretty closely, except I didn't have garlic salt so I used 1/4 t minced garlic and 1/4 t salt. We still had to salt and pepper our plates, but the dish had good flavor. I skipped the hard boiled egg because I hate them (it's a texture thing) and served our veggies over spinach.
Edwin and I liked this, and we were fine finishing it off for lunch yesterday, but I doubt I'll make it again. It's pleasant enough, but not life changing or worth an encore. I am repeating this week, though, with curried lentils and sweet potatoes. Vegetable curries are perfect when it's freezing outside, and I can't wait.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment