Saturday, December 11, 2010

vegan pumpkin molasses cookies

I secretly love making vegan baked goods. Don't get me wrong-- animal products are wonderful, but there's something so satisfying in baking without eggs and butter. It makes me feel like I've cheated the system and am sticking it to the man. Take that, dairy! Check out my cookies!

I made vegan pumpkin molasses cookies yesterday. The dough comes together easily, and I love that when you're doing vegan baking it's completely acceptable to eat all the dough you like. (Granted, I eat lots of dough with raw eggs all the time and think it's a-ok, but still. No home ec teacher can warn me of salmonella with this dough.)
The cookies baked up in no time, and wow. They're almost cakelike, and the flavor is spot on. I made mine a little smaller than healthy everythingtarian, and I ended up with 37 cookies.

I served them for dessert last night for my mommers (she spent a quick night with us), and we all loved them. I may or may not have eaten 5 after dinner.
I hope you like it. I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment